Sunday 6 March 2016

On the road to... Elf Fantasy Fair - Part 1; Fabric haul


Hi all,

It's been a very busy two weeks with, unfortunately, practically no time to do any crafting. Early mornings and late nights don't really help with trying to make something. Luckily I was able to pop round the Albert Cuyp market here in Amsterdam and buy some fabric for my costume for the upcoming event: the Elf Fantasy Fair (EFF). Read further for my costume idea and the fabrics I bought.

This EFF I want to go as a dark fairy. Of course this means I have to make some wings, but more on that on a later blog post. The idea is to have a coat that is long in the back and rounds up to my waist in the front (sort of a high-low coat) with a large hood and long sleeves. To wear over that I will be creating a faux-leather underbust corset, and, finally, black legging-like pants to go under it. As said, I will be creating wings, and I plan to wear my New Rock high boots.

Now, on to the fabric that I bought for this costume at my favourite fabricstore in Amsterdam: the Boerenbonthal.
Heavier fabric, but not to thick for the coat.

Faux-leather for the corset. It is lined and quite sturdy.
Thick, very sturdy dark grey cotton as the base for the corset.

Quite thick stretch fabric for the leggings

As the weeks will progress I will keep you up to date on the progress of my costume.

Next week, stay tuned for a new episode of Stitch Sunday!


-Love, Marieke

No comments:

Post a Comment