Sunday 24 January 2016

Review: HEMA crochet hooks


Hi allemaal!

Something a little different on my blog this week: a review, this time for the crochet hooks from hema. Despite them being relatively cheap, I am very pleased with them. Read further for a more extensive review!
When I was at the Hema a while back to buy wool for a sweater I was planning to crochet (never finished it, but that's a different story), I also needed a new crochet hook for this project. Until then, I had only worked with 2.5-3.5 crochet hooks. For this project I needed a 4 and 5 hook, and when I saw these at Hema, I decided to buy them.

I have never regretted this, because these crochet hooks are amazing!  Contrary to the hooks I already had, the back of the handle of these hooks is completely smooth. This is very nice when holding the hook, as there isn't constantly a mark in relief resting/pressing on the knuckel of your index finger.

The hooks from Hema are available in the sizes 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10 (I have 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10), cost either £1.00 (sizes 2.5-6) or £2.00 (sizes 7-10), and all have a different colour. The material is aluminium and they are lovely and smooth. Only on the handle on the side where your thumb would rest the size is indicated in relief. 

I mostly work with the size 4 and 5 hook, as I used these a lot for both amigurumi and beanies. The size 6 hook I mostly use in my series on different crochet stitches. I have to admit that I have never used the size 7 needle, but it is nice to have it around at least. With the size 10 hook I crocheted a scarf for my mum, and despite the fact that the hook itself is quite thick it handles very nicely.

In short, the crochet hooks of Hema are very nice and are, as far as I'm concerned, highly recommended!















Do you have any experience with the Hema crochet hooks or would you want to use them?


-Love, Marieke

No comments:

Post a Comment