Sunday 22 November 2015

Velvet dress

 
For my job, I usually have to look relatively smart, which means that I wear dresses quite often. Recently, I got a bit bored with the dresses I already owned, felt like I just wore them over and over, and wanted something new. I went on a Pinterest search for a nice (free) dress pattern that would be suitable for my work and my figure, and found one I absolutely loved. From a black velvet I had laying around, I made this dress. Read further for more pictures and the link to the pattern.During my Pinterest search I came across this post by Honigdesign where she made her initial garden party dress from a thicker fabric with long sleeves. I really liked the shape of this dress and was very glad to see that the pattern that she drafter for this dress was available for free at her blog

I initially cut out the dress pattern in a size 12, but, before cutting, adjusted the waist and the sleeves to be better fitting. I also adjusted the neck line to be a wide, round neckline, and the sleeves to be a bit poofy at the top. Furthermore, I chose not to line the dress and not to use a zipper as the velvet was kind of stretchy.





I absolutely love this dress and will definitely make it again in different fabrics and probably also with different types of skirts, necklines and sleeves. 


What about you, do you like this dress?  Would you make it?


-Love, Marieke

No comments:

Post a Comment