Sunday 20 September 2015

Lined beanie


A colleague of mine recently got a baby boy and with some other colleagues we decided to give him some presents. I decided that among these presents I would crochet a cute beanie with the little boy's name on it. To make it a little more baby friendly I lined the beanie with fleece to make it nice and soft, and warm for the coming colder months. Read further to see how it progressed!
Materials
- Light grey wool
- Light blue wool
- White wool
- Crochet hook, I used size 4.0
- Needle with large eye
- White fleece
Materials used
Method
Of course I first had to crochet a beanie, for which I will share my pattern in a later post. Once the beanie, including the band with the boy's name on it (Olivier) I could start on the lining. I laid the beanie down on the folded, white fleece and cut around it. I sewed the two half circles together using a zigzag stitch for a little stretch.
Fleece lining sewn together
Wrong sides together, I put the fleece lining on the beanie and folded under the edges. I then used the large needle and the light blue wool to sew the lining to the beanie.
Lining on beanie
Edges folded under
Lining inside the beanie
Then it only took turning it right side out again and folding the band with the name back to the front and the lined beanie is finished!
Finished beanie

Do you prefer your beanie lined or just leave it as is?



- Love, Marieke




 

No comments:

Post a Comment